The House of David is a One New Man Ministry (Ephesians 2:14-16). Our passion is to seek the presence of God and the fullness of His intimate love. It is a ministry that moves in the gifts and power of the Holy Spirit and the gift of prophesy. It is a ministry that invites those who desire nothing from this world but to be in the presence of YHVH and to gaze on His beauty all the days of their life. It is ministry for development of deep eternal friendships. It is a ministry for healing and reconciliation between cultures and nations. It is a ministry that obeys the great new commandment, that we love each other as Yeshua has loved us so that the world will know that we are His disciples. And, it is a ministry for those who are passionate about sharing the love of Yeshua with the world. We desire to release the commanded blessing of Psalm 133, and disciple and commission a generation of spiritual leaders that will be sent into the world for the harvest, preparing the bride for the imminent return of her bridegroom, and the ushering in of the Kingdom of God.
Pastor Eric Michael
Pastor Eric Michael Teitelman is Hebrew follower of Yeshua and an ordained bi-vocational pastor with the Southern Baptist Convention. He currently oversees the House of David Ministries—a Hebraic itinerant teaching and worship ministry focused on building the Kingdom of God by bringing Jewish and gentile Christians together as one new man in Christ Yeshua (Ephesians 2:14-16). He and his wife Kim live in Haymarket, Virginia. Kim was also raised Jewish and follows conservative Judaism.
Pastor Eric was born in Chicago to Jewish Ashkenazi parents, and raised in Bat Yam, Israel for much of his childhood. He holds both U.S. and Israeli citizenship. His father is a descendant of the tribe of Levi from the house of Aaron, and, his mother is a descendant of the tribe of Judah from lineage of King David and the prophet Samuel. While living in Israel he attended Yeshiva Aderet, an orthodox school for rabbinical studies. He later returned to the United States to study Civil Engineering.
In 2002 after reading the New Testament, Pastor Eric received Yeshua as His Lord and Savior, and shortly after was baptized in the power of the Holy Spirit. With a firm knowledge of Old and New Testament scripture, and a deep understanding of Jewish culture and rabbinical writings, he brings a unique Hebraic perspective to his teachings. He also leads prophetic worship with an acoustic guitar, singing both contemporary Christian songs and Hebrew Psalms.
Established in 2008, the House of David Ministries serves as a teaching resource to the body of Christ, helping Christians gain an understanding of their Hebraic foundation and spiritual heritage, embracing the church’s calling with respect to the nation of Israel, and understanding God’s kingdom purposes and prophetic promises for the church and Israel.
Pastor Eric is also involved with other ministries in the Washington D.C. Metro area:
- Regional coordinator and catalyst for One Heart D.C.
- Washington D.C. coordinator for Cry Out America and the National Day of Prayer Task Force
- Advisory board member with the International Christian Host Coalition and the U.S. Capital Region National Day of Prayer
- Board member for Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
- Regional payer and worship leader with David’s Tent D.C., Fredericksburg Prayer Furnace, Awaken the Dawn, Northern Virginia House of Prayer, The Roar DMV, Loudoun Burn 24-7, Woodbridge House of Prayer, and The Watch Manassas
- Prayer cell leader with The World for Jesus Ministries
- Pastor and spiritual director for the National Capital Area Emmaus
- Contributing commentator with The Jerusalem Connection Report
What We Offer
Pastor Eric is available by invitation to teach or lead worship at your ministry, congregation, or home fellowship. The teachings are Christ centered with an emphasis on reading scriptures from a Hebraic perspective. A Hebraic teaching focusses on biblical Judaism and the practices of the first century church. It is intended to bring an understanding of the prophetic and spiritual applications of the written word, such as the feasts of the Lord, the Sabbath, the Hebrew language, and the spiritual blessings that are released through prophetic impartations, such as anointing with oil, covering ourselves with a tallit, or blowing a shofar. We honor our Messiah for the Jewish man that He is, and we honor those things that He has sanctified and made holy.
The teachings are preferably small, allowing for interaction and dialogue. Anointing with oil under a tallit, Aaronic priestly blessings, and personal prayers are often requested. The prophetic worship is intimate with a focus on Hebrew Psalms combined with prayer and intercession for Israel and the nations. People are invited to sing and pray over their countries in their native languages. Common subjects include: The Hebraic foundation of the church, understanding the one new man, the Old versus the New Covenant, discovering Yeshua in the feasts of the Lord, Passover demonstrations, restoration of the church, the Kingdom of God, the return of Yeshua and the day of the Lord, and other end-time prophetic teachings related to Israel and the church. We do not charge for any ministry work that we do, but we do ask for offerings to cover travel and ministry expenses.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the entire bible is the eternal and infallible Word of God, written by men who were moved by the Holy Spirit, and which reveals God's truth about Himself and His relationship with His creation (2Ti 3:16, 2Pe 1:21).
- We believe that God is Love and that He is good, and that there is no darkness in Him, but only truth and light (Mar 10:18, Joh 1:14, 1Jn 1:5, 1Jn 4:8, 1Jn 4:16).
- We believe in One GOD YHVH, co-eternal without beginning or end, and co-equal and manifest as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Gen 1:26, Mat 28:19).
- We believe that the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, were created in the image of YHVH, rebelled and fell away from God's presence into a life of sin, and that all of humanity has inherited their sinful nature (Gen 2:17, Gen 3:23-24, Gen 6:5, Rom 3:23).
- We believe that Jesus Yeshua is the Son of God, born of a virgin by the power of the Holy Spirit, and that He is the Word of God manifest to humanity in the flesh (Isa 7:14, Isa 9:6, Joh 1:4).
- We believe that Yeshua is the Savior (Messiah) of the world and the King of Israel, and that He died on the cross to offer His sinless body and shed His sinless blood as a sacrificial offering to atone and pay for our sins (Isa 53:4-12, Mat 2:2, Joh 3:16, 2Co 5:21).
- We believe that in shedding His blood that He perfectly fulfilled the law of the old covenant made with Israel, has now made a new marriage covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah, and has extended this same everlasting covenant to the gentiles thereby making both into One New Man in Christ Yeshua (Isa 59:21, Jer 31:31, Isa 55:3, Rom 9:24, Eph 2:15).
- We believe that we did not choose God first, but that He first chose us, and that He gave us the gift of faith so that we might believe in Him and in His Son's atoning work on the cross (Eph 1:4, 1Jn 4:19).
- We believe that our free gift of resurrection and eternal life is accepted by faith in Yeshua only, and not by any works of the old covenant laws, or the good works of man (Rom 3:23-28).
- We believe that Yeshua is the only way, the only truth, and the only life of man, and that all those who call upon the name of the Lord are given the free gift of resurrection and eternal life, and are given the right to be called Children of GOD YHVH (Joh 1:12, Joh 3:15, Joh 14:6, Rom 10:9).
- We believe that Yeshua descended into the place of the dead, was resurrected on the third day to eternal life to demonstrate His power over sin and death, and has ascended to heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father (Mat 12:40, Mat 26:64, Luk 4:18, Act 13:33-34, Heb 7:25).
- We believe that Yeshua gave us a new commandment in the offering of the new covenant, and this new commandment being that we would love each other as He has loved us so that the world would know that we are His disciples (Joh 13:34-35).
- We believe in the baptism and indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit (Mat 3:11, Joh 14:17).
- We believe in the power of the Holy Spirit to make us into a new, born again creation in Christ Yeshua, and that His perfect works in us will be completed (Joh 3:3, 2Co 5:17, 1Jn 3:2).
- We believe in the Fruit of the Spirit and in the demonstration of our faith through the work of God's Spirit within us, so that the world would see our good works and glorify our God in heaven (Mat 5:16, Gal 5:22, Heb 6:11).
- We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and YHVH's power to demonstrate His love through apostolic prayer, worship, prophesy, evangelism, pastoring, teaching, healings, miracles, signs, and wonders (Joe 2:28, 1Co 12:4-11, Heb 2:4, 2Pe 1:21).
- We believe in the great commission given by Yeshua to go into the nations and make disciples of all people (Mat 28:19).
- We believe in the imminent return of Yeshua, in the premillennial resurrection and rapture of the Church, and in the joining of the old and new covenant saints (Mat 24:40-41, 1Th 4:16-17).
- We believe in a seven-year time of tribulation and judgment for the earth and the nation of Israel (Dan 9:25-27).
- We believe in the coming wrathful Day of the Lord and the final judgment of the earth (Isa 2:12, 2Pe 3:7).
- We believe in the end-times harvest and the return of all descendants of Jacob to the land of Israel as promised to Abraham, in the rejoining of the House of Israel and the House of Judah into one nation, and in the complete physical and spiritual restoration of the nation of Israel (Isa 11:12, Isa 49:6, Jer 30:18, Eze 37:19, Eze 39:25, Mat 13:39).
- We believe in the establishment of God's kingdom on earth as it is in Heaven, and in the millennial rule of Yeshua over Israel and the nations of the earth (Rev 20:6).
- We believe that God will fulfill His promises and blessings to Israel to make her a blessing to all peoples of the earth (Jer 10:16, Isa 4:2, Isa 27:6, Isa 41:8, Isa 44:1, Isa 45:4).
- We believe that the Children of God will rule and reign with Christ Yeshua as kings and priests over the nations of the earth (Rev 20:6).
- We believe in the second resurrection and the great white throne of judgment at the end of the millennial reign (Rev 20:6, Rev 20:11).
- We believe in a new heaven and new earth, for the old will pass away, and for the New Jerusalem to come down from heaven for all eternity (Rev 21:1-2).